Monday, December 03, 2007

Back!

It's been a while since I've posted something here - and in defiance of the 'start a blog and never post again' syndrome I've decided to pick it up again!  One of the reasons for starting again is because I stumbled upon a brilliant blog by a young chef, Aidan, it's pretty inspirational how this guy writes about food.  Read his stuff here.

Another reason for the long silence is that lots of things have happened in my life since my last post in 2006 - not in the least that we bought a flat wit a nicer and bigger kitchen!  So I've been cooking / baking away for the last year or so.  I've also been rather busy with studying for the WSET Advanced level certificate in wines and spirits - serious stuff and quite time-consuming!  I'll tell you more about it later.  

Anyway - as I'm writing this there's a batch of lovely brioche loaves in my oven.  I've done brioche before - following a recipe by Gordon Ramsay, but this time I've used Dan Lepard's recipe from the Guardian baking supplement which came out two weekends ago.  It's brilliant - I can smell the lovely brioche with a certain undertone of marzipan!


No comments: